Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Deep thoughts; well for me anyway!

I haven't posted in a while b/c I haven't really had anything exciting to share. Although, I did go on a date with my hubby on Sat. to Longview to see Benjamin Button. It was good but lasted 3 hours and we got out of there at 11:30PM. Then, had an hour drive home. McCall and late nights don't mix anymore.

Mostly, what's been on mind are deep thoughts; which I usually try to avoid. For the last 5 days or so, I've been thinking about my friend Amanda. A lot of you know her and what she's going through. I absolutely hate what she's had to experience these last few years and what she's still facing today. She deserves all the happiness this world has to offer. And I know, this world cannot make you happy, but God has put things on this Earth that enrich our time here. Like a husband and the joy of children. I have prayed for her many times throughout each day and am still praying that her results next week are incredible. God has not promised us health and happiness, even if we are followers of Him but he has promised that "He will never leave or forsake us" Joshua 1:5 I pray we all remember that when we are faced with difficult times and don't understand the meaning of it all.

Another deep topic I've been rolling around in my mind is the plans God has for my family. Not only in the upcoming year but way down the road. Over the last two years, the Lord has been opening my mind to the possibility of living differently than what I've always deemed "The American Dream." He's showing me that there is so much more to this life than going to work everyday, coming home, eat, sleep, go on vacation, buy stuff and do it all over again until I die. He's starting to show me the joys of living the way He has designed and not the way the world has constructed an American lifestyle. He's opened my mind to the idea of adoption (whether I can birth my own children or not), taking family mission trips with our boys, giving above the regular tithe offering, and constantly trying to love on people thru the eyes of Jesus. Wow, what a revelation all that has been. It's been amazing to see God break through my selfishness, my worldliness, and my closed mindedness. I pray that I will "Not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of my mind. Then I will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing, and perfect will." Rom 12:2

1 comment:

Paula McKaughan said...

Wonderful post McCall!!! I true eye opener and I too have been praying so hard for Amanda along with my family & so many others battling that vicious disease; Cancer!!!

Take care,
Paula